For framing and finishing tasks, a critical tool that you will need is a miter saw. This handy power tool is available in various shapes, designs and has various features such as XPS lights, lasers, comfortable handles, and much more.
Whether you are working as an experienced DIY-er who wants to add another powerful tool in your collection of power tools or a professional who is looking for a reliable miter saw for commercial purposes, continue reading to find the best sliding compound miter saw as per your needs.
- Top 3 Efficient Compound Miter Saw For More Productivity
- 5 Most Demanded Compound Miter Saw in The Market
- 2. DEWALT (DWS780)
- 3. BOSCH GCM12SD
- 4. Delta Cruzer 12″
- 5. CRAFTSMAN V20 (CMCS714M1)
- Buying Guide For Sliding Compound Miter Saw
- SUMMARY OF THIS ARTICLE
- Frequently Asked Questions About Sliding Compound Miter Saw:
Top 3 Efficient Compound Miter Saw For More Productivity
5 Most Demanded Compound Miter Saw in The Market
|IMAGE||PRODUCT & FEATURES||DETAILS|
Dewalt DWS780Editor’s Choice
Makita LS1019LRunner Up
BOSCH GCM12SDBest Value
Delta Cruzer 12″
1. Makita LS1019L
Best For Efficient Dust Extraction
- 10" slide miter saw with the Crown molding cutting capacity (6-5/8" nested) of a 12" miter saw
- Linear ball bearing system engineered to deliver "dead-on" accurate cuts
- Innovative direct drive gearbox and guard system is engineered for increased vertical cutting capacity (5-1/4")
- Unique 2-steel rail sliding system design offers single slide-glide operation; reducing saw's footprint and allowing operation flush against a wall
- Less weight (57.9 lbs.) and the most compact design in its Class for easy jobsite portability
We have the Makita 10 inches Dual-Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw with a Laser guide system to kick off things. This Makita miter saw is designed to provide accurate cuts and has a large cutting capacity and optimum precision right from the box. With this Makita LS1019L, you will get all the cutting precision you will need in your slide compound miter saw.
Moreover, the compact size enhances its portability. Furthermore, it’s crown molding; nested capacity is up to 6-5/8”; hence it is ideal for cutting baseboards and crown molding in no time. Besides, this unit is also ideal for 5-1/4” baseboard, and we also tested on 4×4 dimensional lumber in a single pass.
Moreover, this Makita LS1019L sliding compound miter saw comes with a 15 AMP direct drive motor with a soft start that you won’t find in others. The motor is powerful offers smooth start-up and consistency, without any belts. The included electric brake further enhance the convenience.
Overall, the LS1019L can handle even the most demanding jobs with maximum efficiency.
In our opinion, this Makita sliding compound miter saw is perfect for fine woodworking, carpentry, general construction works, and much more.
What Do We Like
- Durable design.
- Comes with a laser.
- Precise and accurate cuts
What Needs Improvement
- A bit expensive
2. DEWALT (DWS780)
Best Durable Miter Saw
The DEWALT DWS780 12-inch sliding saw is made explicitly for precision and accuracy. Technically speaking, this model is an updated version of the DEWALT 779 but with more advanced features. The DWS780 is suitable for various cutting tasks and for users who need a reliable saw that brings durability, portability, and ease of use.
For clarity and accuracy while operating the saw. It comes with an XPS LED light and a precise cut alignment system that produces a laser-like shadow on the surface, showing you where the blade will contact the material. Besides, there is no need to recalibrate it with the usage or replace its durable blades; this new and improved alignment system is more accurate and hard-wearing than traditional laser guides. In addition, you can also make bevel cuts to the left from 0 to 49 degrees with incremental positive stops at 0, 22.5, 33.9, 45, and 49 degrees in both directions.
Furthermore, the saw also has an adjustable and highly durable stainless steel miter detent plate with ten positive stops that you can quickly adjust as per your needs. Besides, its cam lock miter button allows you to lock the saw between different angles and offers high versatility while using it. The saw comes with a powerful 15 amp motor that spins at 3,800 RPM.
Moreover, the saw has an industry’s leading combination of cutting capacities, including 6-3/4 inch while its vertical capacity of 7-1/2 inches and 13-7/8 inch horizontal capacity. Overall the features of this saw by DEWALT make it one of the best sliding miters saw in the market that you could utilize for various purposes.
We recommend this saw for fine woodworking tasks. However, it is durable enough for simple framing and deck-building tasks. As per our experts, the saw is perfect For DIYers, cabinet makers, trim carpenters, installers, and other professional contractors.
What Do We Like
- Offers high value for your bucks.
- Durable exterior.
- Simple to use.
- XPS laser light is handy.
What Needs Improvement
- Expensive than other models.
3. BOSCH GCM12SD
Best Miter Saw For Smooth Cutting Motion
- AXIAL GLIDE SYSTEM: patented glide system allows wider cross cuts and better alignment while also being compact, saving you 12 inches of valuable work space
- CAPACITY: expanded cutting capacity, 14 inch horizontal capacity nominal 6 1/2 inch vertical capacity against the fence base 6 1/2 inch crown capacity against the fence 45 spring
- ADJUSTABLE: provides easy adjustments with a large, easy-to-read uniform bevel and stainless steel miter scales with marked detentes and roof pitch angles; Bevel detents: 0, 33.9 degree, 45 degree left/right for accurate cuts; Category's best 90 percentage dust collection optimized for cutting 2x material with a vacuum
- PRECISION: square lock quick release fences lock fence 90 degree to the table and requires no adjustment, 1 touch lock/unlock to slide fence for added support
- EASE OF USE: upfront bevel controls all metal bevel lock lever and range selector located upfront for quick and easy bevel settings without reaching behind the saw
Next on the list, we have another versatile unit by Bosch. This sliding compound miter saw (GCM12SD) features a 15-amp, 3,800 rpm motor that is extremely robust l and durable. The saw delivers precise cuts while the powerful ensures clean cuts. Besides, there were no overheating complaints, and it will work all day long without any rest.
Mostly you will see a 24-tooth blade in the sliding compound saws. However, this is not the case with this Bosch saw, and Bosch includes a 60-tooth blade, which we found suitable for basic home uses and matches the machine very well. However, if you are getting this saw for any heavy-duty or complicated work, you need to purchase finer blades.
Moreover, another highlight of this Bosch sliding compound saw is its innovative Axial-Glide system optimized to save you some workspace by removing an extra foot needed behind the device. This feature also allows you to use this saw in tight workspaces, making cutting smoother.
However, some users have reported that its look is a bit bulkier compared to the DEWALT sliding saw, but performance is equivalent to those premium options on the market. The saw’s biggest benefits come in compact spaces where you cannot use bulky saws, but this compact sliding saw by Bosch will serve you well.
As mentioned earlier, this Bosch sliding saw is ideal for a variety of purposes, and you can also use this thing in tight spaces with ease. The unit is perfect for base wood, fine woodworks, and other complicated tasks such as framing, tiling, and more.
What Do We Like
- Highly Versatile
- Simple to use
- Durable Construction
What Needs Improvement
- Straight cuts can be tough on this saw.
4. Delta Cruzer 12″
Best Miter Saw With Clamping Mechanism
- Shadow guide cutting line projects a consistent and accurate cutting line on your work piece
- Product dimensions – 30” D x 25.5” W x 21.5” H | Weight – 57 lbs. | Voltage – 120V | Blade size – 12” Diameter | Arbor hole size – 1” | Speed – 4,000 RPM | Max cut thickness – 6.5” | Cord length – 7 ft.
- One-hand front miter Controls with push button miter detent override and front bevel release for quick movement | 15 amp motor for powerful cuts and blade brake for safety
- Molded handle and full size trigger is comfortable for right or left handed users 15 amp motor for powerful cuts and blade brake for safety shadow guide cut line for repeatable accuracy
- Dual bevel 47° left/47° right with front bevel release and 7 positive bevel stops at the most popular angles and easy to reach lever override to move between stops | 50° left miter/60° right miter capacity with 10 miter detents and positive stops
The Delta Cruzer 12 inch sliding miter saw comes next on our list, featuring a military-grade aluminum frame with 18 robust bearings for flawless cutting operation with exceptionally long life. Moreover, it has a powerful 15 amp motor that rotates at 4000 RPM, and a 5-year warranty establishes this miter saw as a DURABLE and reliable tool that you can rely upon for any task.
Moreover, the saw has a more comprehensive 18-inch cross-cut ability. It comes with a 12” sturdy blade and an extending arm on this Delta sliding compound miter saw. It offers you all the versatility and enables you to take on the most complicated projects. While testing the unit, it works flawlessly and easily cuts 7-1/2 inch crowns and 6-1/2 standing base moldings. The saw features a unique design that you can also use in tight spaces, while its long rail systems ensure smooth working.
Moreover, its most controls are located a the front side that you can control with one hand, including the miter detent override button and front bevel release for quick and simple alignment. The patented extending arms reduce fatigue and prevent movement of the model’s head.
While testing this sliding compound saw, we observed that its front controls need minimal effort to adjust, including releasing and locking in the bevel gauge that you can do just with one of your fingers. The miter turn knob on the front side needs just a quarter turn and no effort. The blue detent override button is also handy and effortless to use. Overall, this sliding compound saw is the easiest to use and comes with everything you need to safely and securely perform cutting tasks.
This saw is designed to offer you the accurate cuts that most professionals continuously. Thus the unit is best for all sorts of cutting and trimming works. You can use it for framing, making kitchen cabinets for other similar home improvement tasks. Besides, the unit is also ideal for commercial uses.
What Do We Like
- Effortless to use
- Well-positioned controls.
- Lightweight design
What Needs Improvement
- Not ideal for complicated tasks.
5. CRAFTSMAN V20 (CMCS714M1)
Best Miter Saw for Accuracy
- POWERFUL MOTOR: 3,800 RPM motor of CRAFTSMAN miter saw is made for cutting 2X dimensional lumber, hardwoods, baseboard and trim with ease
- SLIDE CAPABILITIES: The mitre saw has 8-inch cross cut at 90-degree and 5-1/2-inch cross cut at 45 degree
- ADDED CAPACITY: The sliding miter saw cuts 3-5/8-inch nested crowns and 3-1/2-inch baseboards vertically
- ACCURACY AND VISIBILITY: LED cut line positioning system
- QUICK AND ACCRUATE: 9 casted miter detent stops for adjustments
Next on the list, we have the Craftsmen cordless 7-1/4-inch Sliding Miter Saw that comes with a powerful motor specifically designed for cutting thick dimensional lumber, hardwoods, baseboard, and other cutting tasks.
The sliding 7-1/4-inch blade is also perfect for cross cuts up to 8-inch while its nine-miter detents and single bevel blade give smooth angled cuts. Besides, the saw also features an LED light that eliminates shadows and offers an accurate, easy cut line system to make precise cuts. With a lightweight construction and comfortable side carrying handles, you won’t feel hand fatigue while operating the unit.
In addition, due to the grippy side handles, you can effortlessly carry this thing upstairs, and storage is also much easier than the others. In simple words, take the machine to the lumber instead of taking lumber to this saw! As it operates hence, there are no dangling cords. However, you need to ensure that fence is square with the blade before starting the unit.
Lastly, this saw comes with a carbide-tipped blade that is good enough for rough lumber (2x4s) as well for MDF trim. The blade delivers clean cuts on various materials, such as oak hardwood, MDF trim, pine lumber, PVC, pine trim, walnut flooring, etc.
Overall, this sliding compound miter saw is thoughtfully designed and simple to move around.
this saw is ideal for trim, flooring, and even metal trimming. While testing the unit, we used it to cut treated boards, and the results were fantastic. In simple words, this sliding compound miter saw is ideal for uses who need to make plenty of cuts fast.
What Do We Like
- Extremely convenient (you can use it in a place where there is no power)
- Many cuts on a single charge.
- Lightweight design
What Needs Improvement
- Cutting is a bit slower.
Buying Guide For Sliding Compound Miter Saw
Some things to check out for when shopping for the best sliding compound miter saw are:
Portability or Saw’s weight:
Is portability your top-most priority? Or don’t like to carry your saw to different places. Portable sliding miter saws are lightweight, and some of them have secure carrying handles. Of course, the lighter is more suitable if you want to carry your saw, but the lighter saw also means less durable. Technically speaking, It is a simple tradeoff between portability and durability. Consider your needs, your projects, and where you will be using it before buying the model.
We all want a durable miter saw. However, this also comes with a tradeoff. Durable miter saws are a bit expensive than the others, and this can be an issue if you have a limited budget. Here we recommend you consider how often you will be using the saw and your overall budget. If you use your saw occasionally, you don’t need a super durable miter saw. But, if you intend to use it daily or for commercial purposes, you need to think about a more durable saw.
Most miter saw feature a dust collector that keeps wastage minimum in your surroundings. This prevents you from inhaling unnecessary toxic dust and keeps your surroundings cleaner. Free flying dust can affect anything, and you might find it in other rooms.
Dust chutes and blowers are standard in these tools and keep the dust at bay. This feature also comes in handy when you want to see where you are cutting and enhance your accuracy. However, just
You can only use one blade at a time with your miter saws. Hence after finalizing the blade’s saw, you cannot use a small or large saw as it will not fit into the machine. Common miter saw blade’s sizes are 7-1/2in, 8-1/2in, 10in, and 12 in. However, we still recommend reading the product manual to determine the blade’s size.
When buying a miter saw, you need to consider the blade’s size. Bigger blades are crucial as it makes deep cuts in no time. However, bigger is not always ideal when it comes to saw’s blade. Bigger blades acquire more space and can break while working. Besides, storage is also an issue with the bigger blades. So, choose wisely and opt for the one that covers all your needs.
Regardless of your work or project, you will need some sort of accuracy. Of course, more accurate saws are always better. However, more accurate models come from reliable and well-known brands, and they are often expensive. But remember that a high level of accuracy is not always a top priority. In this regard, we recommend using a saw with laser guides as they give more accurate cuts than without.
A saw with an insufficient motor cannot handle heavy-duty tasks. Hence you need a saw with sufficient motor. In this regard, 15-amps is the standard for a reliable saw, but if you want a saw just for home uses, you can opt for a saw with less power. Similarly, saws with a powerful motor are more expensive. Hence if you use your saw for home uses or light projects no need to spend on a powerful motor.
You will come across saws with a laser guide laser feature which is handy and gives tremendous accuracy. Thus if accuracy is what you need, opt for the saw with a laser guide. Some miter saws also have digital displays, which makes them simpler to use. While some units have sliding and flip fences designed to provide extra support for taller and longer wood pieces. Dual bevels are also a common choice on the market. But remember, more features means that the saw will be expensive. While these additional features are not bad, if you don’t need them, don’t spend money on them.
SUMMARY OF THIS ARTICLE
Whether you’re a professional carpenter or a construction worker or working as a hobbyist finding the best sliding compound miter, saw that covers your needs is compulsory for your needs, and this should be your top-most priority. Buying the appropriate saw as per your exact needs is necessary as it improves your skills and you can use it for various purposes.
We recommend considering your needs before buying any if you have a limited budget. Lastly, you use our detailed review list regarding the best sliding compound miter saws and get the one that suits your needs the best.
Frequently Asked Questions About Sliding Compound Miter Saw:
What is the best sliding miter saw for the money?
In our opinion, the best sliding miter saw for the money are:
• CRAFTSMAN Cordless (CMCS714M1)
• BOSCH Power Tools GCM12SD
• DEWALT DWS780
What is the best compound miter saw?
All the compound miter saw mentioned above are the best saws, and you can use them for various purposes.
What is the best 12-inch sliding compound miter saw?
Some of the best deals for a 12-inch sliding compound miter saw come from these makers:
• Makita LS1219L Miter Saw.
• DeWalt DW715 Miter Saw.
• Metabo HPT 12” Compound Miter Saw.
• TACKLIFE 12” 15-Amp Miter Saw.